A couple of Saturdays ago, my daughter won 3 coconuts at our village fete on the Coconut Shy stall. Although she doesn’t actually like it (she is a good thrower so is likely to get some returm for her money), the rest of the family are quite partial. But not 3!
When it came to eating the third I tried to do something a little different with the flesh and looking at various recipes, came across one for roasted coconut on Yummy Supper.
So here is a recipe to use up that coconut flesh you have left over…
- Grilled Coconut
1 coconut (brown, hard shell variety)
1. Drain water and drink it.
2. Smash through shell and pull away flesh.
3. Wash flesh and cut flesh into 1 to 2 cm pieces.
4. Place coconut on a baking.
5. Heat grill to 190C (Medium-Hot) and cook coconut for about 15 minutes or until most pieces have started to brown.
6. Allow to cool and serve with a cool drink.