What to do when you have 500 grams of King prawns and not many other ingredients? Firstly, a la Floyd, one glass of 1991 Chateau Saint-Christophe. I know… See what else needs using up and go random.
- Prawn and Tomatoes Masala
500 grams King prawns (defrost fully before using)
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 can (1lb) chopped tomatoes
100 grams chopped creamed coconut
100 grams natural yoghurt
100 ml water
2 tbs Garam Masala
1. Heat oil in a wok and fry onion on a high heat.
2. When the onion starts to sweat add the prawns.
3. After 1 to 2 minutes add coconut and stir.
4. Add Garam Masala and stir until all mixed.
5. Add tomatoes and water, when it bubbles turn heat down to a simmer. Leave simmering for 5 minutes
6. Then add yoghurt, stir through and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Serve with naan bread or rice and garnish with fresh herb (I used ginger mint).