Having a spare pumpkin after Halloween, I used it to make soup and bread. This is the bread recipe, the soup recipe can be found here.
180g Butter, softened
1 Large Egg , beaten
300g Pumpkin, grated
60g Caster Sugar
120g Light Brown Sugar
360g Self-raising Flour
1 tbsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tbsp Demerara Sugar
1. Heat the oven to 180C/350F.
2. Butter a 1.5kg loaf tin and if non-stick also and line the base and two long sides of with baking paper.
3. In a bowl, merge the butter and egg and then stir in the pumpkin.
4. Add in the sugar (except demerara), flour and ginger. Mix well.
5. Pour into the loaf tin and sprinkle the demerara on top.
6. Bake for 60 minutes, until risen and golden brown.
7. Remove from oven but leave in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
Serve thickly sliced and buttered.